Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Introducing PickupUltimate.com

Hey Folks --

The time has come; the site is ready to go public!

I going to send out the email to the UPA list soon and then once some games get added I'm going to start spreading the word as best I can throughout the broader Ultimate community.

I would like to give a quick thank you to all the people who gave me ideas and feedback while the site was in development. I won't list them here (you know who you are), but your suggestions made the site what it is. You all have my gratitude.

As always; feel free to post here with any feedback you may have. Let's hope no one finds any bugs ;)

-- Chris

7 comments:

  1. Great idea, Chris. Two suggestions: 1) post this site on the Rec.sport.disc Google forum to spread the word further and 2) make sure your site shows up near the top of the list when someone googles 'pickup ultimate'.

    Wiggity
    ps- I'm assuming that the two games in North Houston are ones you are connected with. My dad lives near Lake Conroe, so I'll have to look up the game when I'm in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea Chris. I bet this really takes off.

    ~Matt Granberry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great site and great idea. Very user friendly. Hope this catches on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just added our pickup game.. Such a good idea! I'll be spreading the word around for you. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great site! if we see that a game is not quite correct on the map, can we move it to the right location? what if there is additional info someone would like to add to a game? can only the "game manager" do that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind words everyone :)

    @Mike Nash:
    Currently only the game owner can edit information/location about a game. If you see something wrong you could try to contact the person listed on the contact information.

    I may add the ability to make games editable by anyone in the future.

    -- Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there,

    Just to say as the original owner of pickupultimate.com I think you guys have made great improvements on what we had in the past.

    Man I wish we had google maps 10 years ago. Good job and I'll check in from time to time.

    ReplyDelete